Warnings, Precautions, Notes
- Ensure that your sensor is kept away from small children under 3 years of age and pets when not in use. The sensor includes a removable straw that could pose a choking hazard.
- Low levels of CO in your exhaled breath (for example, 0-6 ppm) do not indicate that it is safe for you to initiate smoking or increase your smoking, or that your current level of smoking is safe. Smoking is harmful to your health and any amount of smoking is unsafe.
Precautions When Giving Breath Samples
- Sit down while giving breath samples. Holding your breath and then blowing into the device may cause you to become dizzy, which may lead to falls.
- When taking a deep breath in to do a breath sample, do not take this breath through the breath sensor.
- Do not use the breath sensor while operating any type or vehicle or machinery as you may be distracted from the operation.
- Do not strain yourself while giving a breath sample. This may cause dizziness, which may lead to falls.
When Cleaning the Pivot Breath Sensor
- Alcohol-based cleaners or other chemicals may interfere with the function of the CO Breath Sensor.
Do not use any alcohol containing products on the device, such as alcohol wipes or sanitizers. Do not store or keep the sensor near other chemicals or cosmetics. This includes products such as lotions, perfumes or nail polish remover.
When Storing and Handling the Pivot Breath Sensor
- Do not subject the breath sensor to extreme hot or cold temperatures, or extreme humidity (see Product Specifications). Avoid extreme temperatures (such as a hot car) and make sure your sensor can air out between breath samples to avoid moisture collecting inside.
- Do not subject the breath sensor to strong shocks, such as dropping the sensor on the floor.
Notes and limitations:
- Do not use in cases of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Call 911.
- Do not use in cases of suspected smoke inhalation (e.g. from a fire). Call 911.
- Do not use the Pivot Breath Sensor while it is charging as it will not function. For use by a single user at home.
- Do not share your Pivot Breath Sensor with anyone else.
Important: Changes or modifications to this product not authorized by Pivot Inc. could void the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and wireless compliance and negate your authority to operate the product.